Gifts-in-Kind Donation Policy
Christian Heritage appreciates the generosity of individuals, churches, and businesses that wish to contribute in-kind gifts to support our mission. This Gift-in-Kind Policy ensures the efficiency and relevance of the items received and guides donors in making meaningful contributions that align with our mission and the needs of our clients.
This policy is designed to ensure that all gifts are relevant to the work of Christian Heritage and can a gift be easily tracked and recorded by our current accounting system.
Acceptable In-Kind Contributions
Christian Heritage accepts tangible goods for the children and families we serve that directly contribute to our programs and initiatives, typically in conjunction with our quarterly events, including our Christmas parties.
All in-kind donations are given to Christian Heritage as an organization, not a particular program.
Acceptable in-kind contributions include, but are not limited to:
- Toiletries: Unopened and non-expired personal hygiene products, such as shampoo, soap, toothpaste, diapers, etc.
- Backpacks and Bags: New or gently used backpacks and bags.
- Toys, Games, or Books: New or gently used age-appropriate toys, games, or books.
- School Supplies: New and unopened school supplies, including notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, etc.
- Clothing: New or gently used clothing, especially seasonal items like coats.
- Other Relevant Items: Items deemed relevant to our organization’s mission and current needs, subject to approval by Christian Heritage.
- Specialized Services: A professional service requiring a specialized skill.
Christian Heritage reserves the right to decline contributions unrelated to our quarterly events.
Unacceptable In-Kind Contributions
Christian Heritage does not accept the following items:
- Gift Cards: We do not accept gift cards in any form.
- Household Items: We do not accept household items such as furniture, appliances, home decor, etc.
- Miscellaneous: We do not accept any donation requiring significant storage space or maintenance, as determined by Christian Heritage.
To donate in-kind items, please follow these steps:
- Contact Christian Heritage or a staff person to discuss your potential donation and ensure its alignment with our organization’s current needs.
- Provide a detailed list of the items you intend to donate, including quantities and descriptions.
- Schedule a time to drop off your donation to Christian Heritage’s Walton Campus or at your church (if applicable). Christian Heritage will not pick up individual donations at a private residence.
- Complete a Gift-in-Kind Donation Form, which includes a brief description of the items, their estimated value, and your contact information. The donor is responsible for attributing a Fair Market Value (FMV) to the item(s) donated.
Receive a tax receipt upon request.
Any Christian Heritage staff member can accept or decline an in-kind donation. Directors and supervisors are ultimately responsible for accepting or declining a donation.
We appreciate your support in ensuring that the families we serve receive the most impactful assistance through your generous contributions!